FDI 101 a Success
Thank you to everyone that attended the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) 101 seminar on February 21, 2018! We hope you found the event informative and worthwhile. Our primary goal was to increase your understanding of the economic development tool known as FDI, which is accelerating in popularity at the local level. Many aspects of FDI were covered during the event and the presenters did an outstanding job of sharing their knowledge and experience. If you were unable to attend, you can watch the entire FDI 101 presentation online at https://www.facebook.com/2Bald/ and scroll down to the February 21, 2018 Foreign Direct Investment 101 video. This online video was made possible by at Two Bald Guys and a Microphone, who were gracious enough to live stream and record the event. We thank Two Bald Guys for their support of SelectChicago.
We have had several requests for the PowerPoint presentation materials from the seminar. Click Here to download the presentation materials in PDF format.
We also want to give special thanks to our host John Dallas and the crew at The Enclave for Entrepreneurs as well as our Guest Presenters:
Teresa Nortillo, Vice President, StateBook International
Ginta Rubin, Managing Director of NRW.INVEST North America LLC
Steve Kim, Managing Partner, RKJ Legal
Dr. John Gatto, President of FrankfurtRhineMain Corp. and Economic Development Officer/ Government Affairs Chief of German Federal State of Hessen
There are many exciting things happening at SelectChicago and we want you to be a part of it! If you are interested in volunteering, sponsoring, or connecting with us please contact Doug Petroshius, Program Director at email@example.com. If you are unable to volunteer or attend but would still like to help, please promote us on social media by liking and following our pages, sharing our posts, and tagging us in your posts. You can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Keep a lookout for these other exciting SelectChicago events and happenings:
- Doug Petroshius and Michael Edgar will appear on the Strictly Business Podcast with its host, Josh Grodzin, from Studio 47 at the Enclave for Entrepreneurs in Elk Grove Village. The show will provide a recap of FDI 101 and include a more in-depth discussion about SelectChicago. You will also hear eight FDI 101 attendees share their impressions of FDI and SelectChicago. Add the Strictly Business Podcast to your Podcatcher or iTunes so you do not miss it.
- There will be an announcement soon about FDI 201 which is expected to be located in Skokie, Illinois in the month of April.
- SelectChicago will be conducting short, educational webinars promoting its event in June and provide information on who is expected to attend. It will include a Q&A for those who are interested. More information on this soon.
- SelectChicago’s FDI advisors Shai Lothan and Roy Czajkowski of the Greater Waukegan Development Coalition, will be spending a week meeting with investment firms in China to promote SelectChicago and its Showcase Tour Communities. A full report of this visit will take place at FDI 201.
Finally, registration for SelectChicago is open! For $500 each community will be able to participate in this event, which includes the following benefits:
- Two attendees to the three-day premier FDI event of the Midwest (Municipal Mayors and Presidents and County Board Chairs encouraged)
- Networking with foreign investors, trade ministers, and FDI professionals
- Showcase up to 10 of your community’s development opportunities to foreign investors through an online investment portfolio, sponsored by MGP, Inc.
- Your development opportunities promoted to 3,000 attendees by SelectChicago at the SelectUSA annual conference in Washington, D.C.
- Loads of professional development topics on all aspects of foreign direct investment
- Evening fun and entertainment, demonstrating the best of what Chicagoland has to offer
Be sure to visit www.selectchicago.org for more information. Corporate guests are also welcome to register. Corporations, SelectChicago is also seeking sponsors! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your company’s logo on display for the world to see.
We look forward to seeing everyone at future events.
The SelectChicago Steering Committee
Douglas Petroshius, Program Director, Select Chicago
Michael Edgar, Greater Waukegan Development Coalition
Caryn Kahn, Greater Waukegan Development Coalition
Josh Grodzin, Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Michael Mertes, Village of Arlington Heights, Illinois
Leslie Murphy, Village of Skokie, Illinois
Roy Witherow, Village of Lake Zurich, Illinois