The SelectChicago conference sessions on Wednesday, September 23, 2020 focused on how local reps help. US accounting and biopharma contacts from the Greater Chicago Area explained their services for global companies. Canadian and Mexican trade commissioners detailed how they support inbound business and imports from Canada and Mexico. Continue reading
SelectChicago Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Opening Summary
The 5th Annual SelectChicago® Foreign Direct Investment Conference is off to a strong start. We learned the Midwest is rich with robust resources. COVID-19 hasn’t slowed the region down. Despite the recent media coverage, the Greater Chicago Region is safe. Continue reading
Read the SelectChicago May 2019 newsletter to find out how Greater Chicago is expanding it’s reach.
In the May 2019 newsletter:
- Poland Visits the Midwest
- Small Business Advocacy Council SBAC
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- SelectUSA June 10-12, 2019 Washington DC
- Save the date, August 7, 2019 SelectChicago Conference
- How to Become a SelectChicago Community Partner or Sponsor
Read the SelectChicago April 2019 newsletter to find out how Greater Chicago is expanding it’s reach.
In the April 2019 newsletter:
- Steering Committee attendance at the “Future of the Chicago Suburbs” Bisnow event in Schaumburg, Illinois
- University of Wisconsin – Parkside and surveying the Lake County – Kenosha County region
- City of North Chicago, the Naval Station Great Lakes
- Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center for Veteran’s Affairs and Department of Defense
- Poland: The Royal Tour and Mateusz Morawiecki, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland
- More about the members of the SelectChicago Steering Committee
- Dr. Ronald Kaplan, Executive Vice President, Research, Rosalind Franklin University on collaboration between government and university
- Village of Bradley, Illinois discussed the CSL Behring and Nucor Steel work
SelectChicago will be a participating attendee at the SelectUSA Investment Summit held on June 10 – 12, 2019 in Washington, D.C. This event is the highest-profile program dedicated to promoting Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) within the United States. Additionally, SelectUSA Investment Summit invites organizations of all sizes – from established multinationals to high-growth startups. This connection fosters diversity among participating businesses by directly connecting investors and organizations with the right people, resources, and everything else integral to make businesses successful.
Fact: Chicago leads U.S. in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
- As of 2018, 1,800 businesses whose parent is located outside of the U.S.;
- $100 billion investment;
- 1,000 new Chicago jobs in 2018 alone.
Belief: The Chicagoland/Tri-State area is ripe for more FDI!
Why Use Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to augment a
Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) program?
How Innovative Hubs are Sustaining the Biotech Industry Boom
With most Economic Development Organizations (EDOs) jumping on the bandwagon to leverage Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) as part of their Business Retention and Expansion strategy, today’s corporate stakeholders are now utilizing them as a sort of secret weapon that can transform an outdated business model from ‘winner takes all,’ to a ‘let’s grow this pie together’ approach.