Get a summary of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) work the SelectChicago team is doing in June.
- Met with Governor Pritzker in Springfield, Illinois
- Schedule over 20 face-to-face meetings at SelectUSA in Washington DC
- Collaborated with alliance partners in China, Poland, Netherlands, and the Middle East
- Planned ITAGC and CITCA participation in the SelectChicago FDI Conference on August 7, 2019
- Break out with U.S. Ambassador to China, Terry Branstad
- Presented to over 85 international investors
- Feature Whiteside County located 1½ hours west of Chicago on Interstate 88
Read the SelectChicago May 2019 newsletter to find out how Greater Chicago is expanding it’s reach.
In the May 2019 newsletter:
- Poland Visits the Midwest
- Small Business Advocacy Council SBAC
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- SelectUSA June 10-12, 2019 Washington DC
- Save the date, August 7, 2019 SelectChicago Conference
- How to Become a SelectChicago Community Partner or Sponsor
Read the SelectChicago April 2019 newsletter to find out how Greater Chicago is expanding it’s reach.
In the April 2019 newsletter:
- Steering Committee attendance at the “Future of the Chicago Suburbs” Bisnow event in Schaumburg, Illinois
- University of Wisconsin – Parkside and surveying the Lake County – Kenosha County region
- City of North Chicago, the Naval Station Great Lakes
- Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center for Veteran’s Affairs and Department of Defense
- Poland: The Royal Tour and Mateusz Morawiecki, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland
- More about the members of the SelectChicago Steering Committee
- Dr. Ronald Kaplan, Executive Vice President, Research, Rosalind Franklin University on collaboration between government and university
- Village of Bradley, Illinois discussed the CSL Behring and Nucor Steel work
CHICAGO — More than 400,000 votes were cast for the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, and Chicago was named the best big city in America for the second year in a row, edging out New York City and New Orleans. The 2018 list, released Tuesday, highlighted Chicago’s top-of-the-line restaurants, breweries and museums.
Entre Commercial Realty based in Arlington Heights said it brokered the lease of a 15,020-square-foot industrial facility at 1236 Hardt Circle in Bartlett to a foreign entity that is a subsidiary of a large Chinese manufacturing company. Read the entire article.
Given the resounding success of the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) 101 event held in Elk Grove Village in February, SelectChicago is hosting an FDI 201 seminar on April 19 at the Illinois Science and Technology Park in the Village of Skokie. Register Here!
Attendees of FDI 201 are eligible for a complimentary customized data profile for your community created by Statebook International. StateBook Community Profile Registration
StateBook International is an official partner with SelectUSA.
Foreign Direct Investment 201 – Program Agenda
8:00 AM – Registration, Networking & International Breakfast
9:00 AM – Welcome to Skokie and the Illinois Science + Technology Park
9:10 AM – Right Here, Right Now…Examples of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Our Own Backyard
9:45 AM – FDI 201 – How Money Flows Between US and Foreign Investors and Can We Increase Chicagoland’s Share?
10:15 AM – SelectChicago Program Update/China Tour
10:30 AM – Break
10:40 AM – Preparing for FDI and Improving Your Community’s Response to Site Selection RFP’s
11:15 AM – Overview of SelectChicago – U.S. Department of Commerce Official SelectUSA Spin-Off City
11:30 AM – Conclusion of Program
For more information on our last event, FDI 101, visit our recap page.